Jan 30, 2008

Domain Registration

Eager to get your own domain? I am eager to get my own domain too. I want to pay less for a domain. Money is hard to earn so I'd like to spend the slightest amount on my personal domain. I'm still using blogger's free domain. I'd like to get a "dot com" (.com) domain. "Dot net" is also good but I've read that "dot com" a top level domain is the highest level category of internet names, which means its on top "dot net".


I'm still weighing the advantages of using .com instead of .net. I will have to take my time before I really decide to register domain of my own. I consider a lot of providers, one is PayLess Domains. It's based in Australia. They offer $11.95 a year for .com domains. It's within my budget so am taking it as an option. Besides it's really cheap.


Getting you own domain is important for bloggers like me but it's more important for those who have businesses online. The internet is so extensive in coverage. A good owned domain will help any business online in terms of customer reach, sales or leads. Besides a customer would likely put their trust on a dot com or dot net than a free domain. So if you have a business online, its advisable that you get your own domain.

0 comments:

Archives

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us